cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Backups are slow using Netbackup enterprise vault agent 7.0.1

shafty
Level 4

Hi guys,

My backup window is ballooning out for EV vault store backups using NetBackup ev agent. It is currently taking 5-6 hours to backup a 100gb vault partition, The partition is residing on a CIFS share on a datadomain. I have recently enabled collections with default settings and hopefully it will reduce by backup window. Any tips or tricks to reduce the backup window?

As anyone enable DD directory replication and ignorearchivebittrigger file with success?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

in my experience the EV Agent is slow - just like a standard file system backup of millions of files, it just makes life easier as it is all done in one policy.

My customers tend to use a combination of policies which they have to make sure are synchronised properly so that EV is in backup mode when they run to give a consistent backup.

Flashbackup is by far the fastest way to do the partitions and indexes but does require trigger files to them be used.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

in my experience the EV Agent is slow - just like a standard file system backup of millions of files, it just makes life easier as it is all done in one policy.

My customers tend to use a combination of policies which they have to make sure are synchronised properly so that EV is in backup mode when they run to give a consistent backup.

Flashbackup is by far the fastest way to do the partitions and indexes but does require trigger files to them be used.

Hope this helps