cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Vault Duplication Deadlock Situation

kenrblan
Level 3

I've run into an annoying problem with Netbackup Vault Duplication. I have a vault job scheduled to run each day that duplicates our disk backup images to LTO4 tape. I have the Maximum Partially Full tapes setting on my Vault Destination Volume Pool set to 1 to make the most efficient use of our tape stock. There are 5 tape drives available for use. Normally the vault duplications complete without any issues, but sometimes near the end of the vault batches all of the duplication jobs get stuck in a Queued state with a State Detail of "Maximum partially full tape volumes has been reached." The confusing part is that there is always a tape available and usually mounted in a drive that matches the retention of the duplication job, but no duplication activity is in progress. When this happens, the only work-around that I have found is to temporarily change the MPF setting on the volume pool to 2. One of the queued jobs will then become active and the vault batch will complete without further incident.

My Master server and all media servers are running 7.1.0.2. Does anyone have a suggestion other than acquiring more tapes and leaving MPF at 2?

0 REPLIES 0