cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Duplication between media servers

shafthpm
Level 3

I am setting up a vault profile to read images backed up to disk on one media server and duplicate those images to tape on another media server in the same building. It is not working, and am looking for insights on setting this up.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You need to use bpexpdate with '-copy <copy_number>' :
bpexpdate: -backupid <backup id> -d <mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS | 0 | infinity>
             [-client <name>] [-copy <number>] [-force] [-nodelete] [-notimmediate]
             [-M <master_server,...,master_server>]

Since your original post was for VAULT duplication - please elaborate on what is 'not working'?
Please post a screendump of the 'Choose Backups' tab as well as Duplication tab of your vault profile.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne

You need to give us a bit more than "It is not working"....

What errors are you seeing? Please paste contents of Details tab.

shafthpm
Level 3
Sorry that I missed your reply. I ended up using a script I had written to copy backupids from tape to tape to get this accomplished. Now I need to expire the copy on disk and keep the copy on tape. Want to make sure my commands are correct to accomplish this. Please advise.

shafthpm
Level 3

Sorry that I missed your reply. I ended up using a script I had written to copy backupids from tape to tape to get this accomplished. Now I need to expire the copy on disk and keep the copy on tape. Want to make sure my commands are correct to accomplish this. Please advise.

Marianne
You need to use bpexpdate with '-copy <copy_number>' :
bpexpdate: -backupid <backup id> -d <mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS | 0 | infinity>
             [-client <name>] [-copy <number>] [-force] [-nodelete] [-notimmediate]
             [-M <master_server,...,master_server>]

Since your original post was for VAULT duplication - please elaborate on what is 'not working'?
Please post a screendump of the 'Choose Backups' tab as well as Duplication tab of your vault profile.