cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Monthly Reporting

dwilson
Level 4

Hi Everyone....I am in search of a report solution that I can use to track what images/jobs that are being duplicated via our monthly/yearly Vault jobs. Currently we are backing up daily and weekly backups to a 5220 Appliance, then on the last full of the month those fulls are being duplicated via our Vault job to tape to be taken offsite. This process seems to be working just fine for us, but my delima is not having any real insite on what our Vault job is putting to tape. I know what I think is being duped to tape, but would like a clearer method (report), so that it could be generated automatically when the Vault jobs have completed each time. Can someone with some expeirence with Vault reporting chime in to assist? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Environment:

Windows 2008R2 - Master (7.5.6)

5220 Appliance - Media (7.5.6 / 2.5.3)

3 REPLIES 3

DavidMac
Level 2

Hav eyou seen the images on tape report under the report section of the Admin console?

dwilson
Level 4

Yes I have, and do use that report when searching per tape. That report really will not work for me though in this instance as our Vault job uses alot of tapes plus I want to email the report out. Would be nice if I could find a Vault report that says this is what policies should have duplicated and this is what policy images actually got put to tape. 

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Have you checked out chapter 8 (Reporting) of the Symantec NetBackup Vault 7.5 Administrator's Guide?

The reports tab of the vault policy needs to be confgured with what you would like reported. You can also generate reports by using the Vault operator menu. Please read though that chapter and see if thats what your looking for.