cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault configuration reporting

trs06
Level 5

Master Server is Linux 5.9 x64, VM, 32 MB ram, v7.5.0.6.  Media Servers are Windows 2008 Standard, x64, physical, 32 MB ram, v7.5.0.6.  I've just started configuring Vault jobs for duplications.  I've been looking for a CLI or other reporting tool that will list out all of the configuration properties for each Vault Profile I've created like the bppllist command does for policies.  Can you help me with what I can use for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

watsons
Level 6

Configuration of vault?

It's all in  /usr/openv/netbackup/db/vault/vault.xml   , XML file so it may not look like those bppllist (CLI) output you are after. When I open it with any web browser, it's quite readable and is good enough for me.

It just need a few more formatting using egrep, awk or sed to make the vault.xml more structured in the way you want.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

please check if /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/vltadm helps to get the info you want. 

its a menu based interface , it used to manage the valut profiles.. 

and also check vltopmenu 

but not sure if you can get the list of configuration by command directly.. or not..  I am not finding one..  :)

trs06
Level 5

Thanks.  I had looked at the non-gui menus for admin and operations and could not find any report that would list out all of the configurations in a vault profile.

I'm not very familiar yet with all Vault Operation and Administration and thus am a little concerned about running other reports as I've read some will not rerun, others will eject the tapes and so on.

I find this surprising since there are so many ways a Vault can be configured.  Without a good current configuration report it seems quite possible something could be missed/overlooked.

watsons
Level 6

Configuration of vault?

It's all in  /usr/openv/netbackup/db/vault/vault.xml   , XML file so it may not look like those bppllist (CLI) output you are after. When I open it with any web browser, it's quite readable and is good enough for me.

It just need a few more formatting using egrep, awk or sed to make the vault.xml more structured in the way you want.

trs06
Level 5

The vault.xml does indeed have the configuration information I'm wanting.  Now I need to get it into a nice, pretty Human readable format.  xmllint does part of the job using --format but not quite.  I'm looking into writing a php or java script to do what I want.  With the info redily available in the xml file I'm surprised that Symantec does not seem to have a report -U for the configuration.

Thank you Watsons