cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault does not upgrade properly in 6.0 from 5.1

Tim_Miller
Level 4
We have upgraded to NBU6.0MP4 from 5.1MP5 a couple times and our vault does not show any information each time. Its like the xml does not get upgraded to 6.0. Anyone else have this problem before?
4 REPLIES 4

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
Tim,
Have you tried removing and re-adding the license for vault? This should be unneccessary, but it's worth a try. I haven't heard of this issue with mp4.

Another suggestion; just to see if you can reproduce the issue, would be to install 5.xMPx on a system not running netbackup and then upgrading that system; make sure you have vault licensed. That, of course, requires having a system that you can abuse in this manner. ;)Message was edited by:
Alex Vasquez

h_m
Level 6
Did you have anything configured in the v5.1 config?

Tim_Miller
Level 4
Yes I have multiple Vaults with multiple profiles for all 4 of our environments.

h_m
Level 6
Sounds as though you have been unlucky.

I know it breaks Vault if you do not have a profile configured prior to the upgrade.

If you log a call with VRTS they recommend re entering the details (not really resolving the issue), but if you do log a call they should be able to run the support script to collect the upgrade logs etc and this may pinpoint what went wrong.

Good luck!