cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault duplication failing after we move the robot controller to other media server: EXIT STATUS 303

Iwan_Tamimi
Level 6

Hi All,

I just moved our NetBackup controller from mserver11 to mserver12. The robot can inventory fine, all other operations are running fine so far, except the Vault duplication. It gave me: "EXIT STATUS 303: error encountered executing Media Manager command"

I checked in the log on /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/vault I found out, it still wants to connect to the old media server (mserver11) instead the new robot controller media server (mserver12).

00:59:32.680 [3890] <16> vltrun@BldRobotInventory()^39: command /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmcheckxxx -rt tld -rn 0 -rh mserver11 -h nbubck
k -list 2>&- returned [42] <F0><D0>,u<FC>^?
00:59:32.680 [3890] <16> vltrun@BldRobotInventory()^39: FAILed MM_EC=42 MM_MSG=cannot connect to robotic software daemon
00:59:32.680 [3890] <16> vltrun@BldRobotInventory()^39: FAILed NB_EC=303 NB_MSG=error encountered executing Media Manager command
00:59 ...

Which configuration I need to change to so the Vault know th new media server with robot contoller?

Thank you,

Iwan Tamimi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to check the Vault config as well. 

Vault Robot also has a 'Robot Control Host' field that you need to update.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to check the Vault config as well. 

Vault Robot also has a 'Robot Control Host' field that you need to update.

peterblue
Level 3

Hi Iwan.

I had a very similar incident recently after changing the name of my Media Server that was the Robot Control Host.

I basically deleted the Vault Management, and recreated it, and it worked fine. There must have been some reference to the old server name in there somewhere.

You do not need to delete the complete setup and reconfigure.

As Marianne mentioned earlier, the robot control host is listed in vault management as well. You simply need to go there and change the robot control -host in the vault management settings as well..

Simply click on vault management on the left pane and you would see the list populated on the right side which shows up with a column for robot control-host as well. That is the one that needs to be updated simply with a Right click