cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault duplication to several Volume Pools

rsm_gbg
Level 5

Hi,

I'm setting up Vault to do duplication onto offsite tapes.
When setting it up I can just choose one Volume Pool from where to find the Offsite tapes..

I have several Volume Pools I would like to Duplicate.
Daily_offsite
Monthly_offsite
MonthlyOS_offsite

Do I have to create a seperate Vault profile for each?
I then have to create 3 different Run_Vault policies as well.
It just seems not right to me.
Is there a way of solving this?

If I put all Offsite tapes in one Pool it can't distinguise if it needs to be in the Monthly or Daily tape
They obviously have different expiration times.
Vault is taking the expiration date from the Duplicated Volume.
All tapes has a barcode that says what it is ie. MRT MonthlyRemoteTape,  DRT DailyRemoteTape
I guess I could call them all DRT but then all DRT will have different expiration lenghts.

Any ideas guys and girls?

- Roland Soderstrom

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

only I am seeing this is possible when source media server  Daily , Monthly and Monthly OS is different..

if that is the case.. you can add the seperate volume pool for each source media server in the Duplication tab ---> Advanced configurations.

if that is not the case.. you would need to end up with multiple vault  Profiles for each

watsons
Level 6

The question I would ask myself, given your environment, is that how often do I need to run this vault?

Would it be daily, or monthly?

If I run it daily, obviously I won't be duplicating data from those monthly* volume pools. (assumption here), so definitely I need at least 2 profiles - 1 to take care of the daily, another for both the monthly volume pools.

If I only run this vault every month, and it's going to include those daily_offsite media for duplication, then yes.. why not? Just select from all these 3 volume pools, expiration will follow the source copy as I would choose "no change" for retention level.

Hope I understand it correctly..

rsm_gbg
Level 5

Ok,

I guess I just have to make several Vault profiles then.

All tape media is on the same mediaserver

- Roland