cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault eject tapes

nasahasha
Level 5

Hello,

We are using HP MSL6060 tape library, Vault job runs daily (Skip duplicationaand catalog) and on average ejects 3 tapes daily but MAP has only 2 slots so vault job waits untill empty MAP to eject 3rd tape and then send robot and vault pick list.

As Library is located remotely and pick up guy goes for tapes only after recieving mail, For now moving manually from I/O slot to other slots so eject operation completes and mail is sent.

How do I set it to skip or complete eject operation without waiting for empty MAP and directly send Robot and vault list? 

While looking I found "eject mode" Immediate or deferred, Currently I have selected immediate, What happens when I select deferred, will it do what I need?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I don't think you can avoid waiting for the map to be emptied, that's just how the the eject process works, I'd have to check to be 100% certain there is no way around this, but I'm  fairly sure there isn't. 

To skip the eject step totally, just select the 'skip' eject option in the eject tab of the vault profile. 

Deferred eject won't help, it just means that instead of the eject happening automatically, you start the eject step manually at a time suitable for yourself, the process when started then works the same way. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I don't think you can avoid waiting for the map to be emptied, that's just how the the eject process works, I'd have to check to be 100% certain there is no way around this, but I'm  fairly sure there isn't. 

To skip the eject step totally, just select the 'skip' eject option in the eject tab of the vault profile. 

Deferred eject won't help, it just means that instead of the eject happening automatically, you start the eject step manually at a time suitable for yourself, the process when started then works the same way. 

nasahasha
Level 5

Thank you.