cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault policy configuration

sudhakarkumar
Level 4

I want to create a vault policy for vaulting as well as ejecting.

but my requirements is I want to Vault only few tapes in the volume pool and we have only 3 slots in the IO Station.

Can i vault and eject more than 3 tapes at a time?.

What are the Backup selections I need to give for vaulting a particular tapes in an volume pool (or) complete Volume pool.

2 REPLIES 2

watsons
Level 6

Have you read the NBU Vault admin guide?

Before creating a vault policy, you need to setup your "Vault Management", create a vault name, then add the robot, and create a vault profile.

The profile allows you to configure "duplication", "catalog backup", "eject" & "report" operations. Some of these operations are optional.

In the profile you will be given "select backup" to choose where to get your media from - can be a volume pool, disk storage, or policy schedule etc.

Can you eject 3 tapes at a time? Depend on your tape library, if it has 3 or more MAPs (media access port),  then you can. If you only have 1 MAP, it ejects to the MAP and you have to take the tape out from MAP, the job would wait there and once you unload it will continue the next eject for second tape... so on and so forth. Requirement is your tape library needs to have at least a MAP.

Once you have a profile tested properly, you can then create a policy to schedule the vault run. In backup selection, it will be "vltrun <vaultname/robot/profile>". 

All these are in the Vault admin guide. I am just summarizing it.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As per above post - download NetBackup Vault Administrator's Guide 

Good idea to read from the start to understand concepts and principals before you start with configuration.
Be sure to read the Best Practice chapter.

Configuration can be found in chapters 4 and 5.

As per above post - you will use "Choose backups" tab in the profile to provide selection critera.
Please read through the "About configuring a profile using the Choose Backups tab" section in the manual.

If you need to eject more tapes than available slots in the MAP, you can use the "deferred eject" option in the Eject tab.
Detailed info about this option in the manual.