cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Alta™ Recovery Vault Tips – #2 - Invalid Command Parameter; RDSM has encountered an issue

GNeil
Level 4
Employee

Hi Friends,

I ran into an interesting error today while setting up a Veritas Alta™ Recovery Vault bucket.  This was a really weird error and wanted to share it with you in the event you run into it.  This is the second blog in a series of Veritas Alta™ Recovery Vault Tech Tips.

For those of you that haven’t set up Veritas Alta™ Recovery Vault and want to follow along, take a look at the Veritas Alta™ Recovery Vault Deployment Guide. 

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/NetBackupRecoveryVaultGuide

Starting on page 8 for Azure and page 19 for AWS.

In my case I was setting up an Azure bucket, but it won’t really matter.

I got to the step where I now will connect to my new Veritas Alta™ Recovery Vault bucket by entering in my credentials and clicking on the Retrieve List button. (Remember you’ll only see this when connecting to Azure, AWS doesn’t have this step.  But you will hit it when you finish your configurations and click on the Finish button.)

GNeil_0-1662740483364.png

Instead of it connecting like normal I got this error, “Invalid Command Parameter; RDSM has encountered an issue with STS where the server was not found:  getDiskVolumeInfoList.”

GNeil_1-1662740483369.png

Let me do a little background explaining on Veritas Alta™ Recovery Vault.  It’s a really cool storage as a service offered by Veritas that allows you to store copies of data in either Azure or AWS and you don’t need your own cloud account, Veritas provides it for you.

By default, to connect to the storage bucket Veritas uses TLS 1.2 and HTTPS to connect to Azure or AWS.  For this to happen port 443 needs to be opened outbound on the MSDP-C/Storage Server.  Veritas also offers solutions for customers that want to use Azure ExpressRoute and/or AWS Direct Connect.

Veritas also checks for Certificate Revocation to ensure the certificates are valid and for this port 80 needs to be opened outbound on the MSDP-C/Storage Server unless you do not wish to check for Certificate Revocation.  To do this simply uncheck Certificate Revocation when creating the Disk Pool.

GNeil_2-1662740483371.png

To fix this issue, open port 80 outbound on the MSDP-C/Storage Server or uncheck “Check certificate revocation (IPV6 not supported for this option).

Be on the lookout for further Veritas Alta™ Recovery Vault Tech Tips!

1 REPLY 1

noranasr
Level 2

Hello - I keep getting the same error even though the "Check certificate revocation" box is unchecked. What else could be causing this error in Recovery Vault? I have configured it as per the deployment guide.