cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Netbackup 6.5.3

eika
Not applicable
 I am running Veritas Netbackup 6.5.3, and Solaris 10 as master/media server. I am moving netbackup policies from an older netbackup version (5.1).
Most of the clients are backing up fine, but there is exceptions. Even if I am able to telnet both ways to port 13782, the client is not able to connect to the master server. The error is: cannot connect on socket (Status 25). Thats in the GUI under >Host Properties >Clients.
When I actually try to start a backup of this client, I get another error: error code 58.
Is there anybody out there having solved this problem? Help.

eika
3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
... connectivity or hostname resolution issues.

Instead of asking a load of questions, you answering & then following up with more questions (!) have a look through the following T/N:

STATUS CODE 58: Can't connect to client. Troubleshooting procedures for Status 58 errors. ...

which covers a lot of the commands (bptestbpcd, bpclntcmd etc etc) necessary to try & identify the culprit.

gbaridon
Level 3

Make sure all Master and media servers are defined on host file from client side. Also check bp.conf just to double-check. (this apply to LINUX, UNIX clients). Not sure if you are talking about a Windows client. To check that try to change the backup to start from another Media server maybe it works.

Regards,

Gabriel.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   
Netbackup 6.5 uses per default the firewall compliant vnetd option (port 13724). If a connect fails it try the previous default port 13782

Check that the client software firewall allow traffic both inbound and outbound on 13724.