cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Netbackup PreSales Career path

Mahmoud_Moussa
Level 5
Partner

I've been working as a veritas netbackup technical support engineer for almost 4 years now 

I was looking to learn more about being presales engineer in this area , so I was looking for an advice from people with very highe experience here who can guide me . Where to start from , how to enhance myself in this area and use my knowledge and past technical experience ? Is there courses or training that I can take for example . 

On the other hand , 
What influenced me to take that path is that here in Egypt where I live and work is that Netbackup is not widely used or preferred by the customers here due to various reasons some of them are unfortunately the bad sales or presales ; Customers calim that they don't see the edge value they will have by having netbackup over the other backup applications even though it's very known worldwide and me myself can see how netbackup is the best backup application and by far than the nearest one . 
So I was thinking that I may be able to add a value here and show the Customers in Egypt that they are  missing a lot

So I was looking for an advice here 
Also about partnership with veritas , Where can I ask about the partnership , how much does it cost , what are the requirements , .. etc ? . This is in case a new company is looking for partnership with Veritas 

Thanks in advance and very looking forward to your peices of advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi @Mahmoud_Moussa

I think that Im not best person to give some advice, Im just a Consultant., but I'll try. This is a good opportunity for you to become a pre-sales person, in a place where there are bad pre-sales ones like you said, and you can end up making a difference.

Joining your technical expertise with some Sales Training at PartnerNet, I believe you can.

About your question:

I was looking for an advice here
Also about partnership with veritas , Where can I ask about the partnership , how much does it cost , what are the requirements , .. etc ? . This is in case a new company is looking for partnership with Veritas

A: About become a Partner, are you able to access Veritas PartnerNet right? There many informations to help you with steps.

Can you check this link? Also have a Document (Attached), can explain you the steps, let me know if it can help you.

https://partnernet.veritas.com/portal/faces/programs/reseller-partner-program?_afrLoop=3004479263920...

Thiago

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi @Mahmoud_Moussa

I think that Im not best person to give some advice, Im just a Consultant., but I'll try. This is a good opportunity for you to become a pre-sales person, in a place where there are bad pre-sales ones like you said, and you can end up making a difference.

Joining your technical expertise with some Sales Training at PartnerNet, I believe you can.

About your question:

I was looking for an advice here

A: About become a Partner, are you able to access Veritas PartnerNet right? There many informations to help you with steps.

Can you check this link? Also have a Document (Attached), can explain you the steps, let me know if it can help you.

https://partnernet.veritas.com/portal/faces/programs/reseller-partner-program?_afrLoop=3004479263920...

Thiago