cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version compatibility

Kwan
Level 3

Hi,

I have a Veritas Netbackup 5.1 Windows agent installed in Windows 2003 server, can i do the following changes:-

1) Change the Master Server without the need to reinstall the windows agent due to master server had been decommissioned. How to do it?

2) Can I connect to Netbackup 5.0 or Netbackup 6.5?

Thanks and regards,

Kwan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Officially, no.
But backup may work by adding the new master server into additional server list.
Restore from client side come not to work, but restore from new master works.

You can use it under the limitation above, but I recommend you to unstall current server componet and reinstall client. Less is better.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

HOW ANCIENT it is!

1) You need to remove client software if you want to install server compnent on the same host.

2) NetBackup 5.0 client can work with NetBackup 6.5 servers. But note that both version is now in EOSL.

Kwan
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My first question is can I reconfigure the Master server in the Windows agent without reinstall the Windows client?

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

Officially, no.
But backup may work by adding the new master server into additional server list.
Restore from client side come not to work, but restore from new master works.

You can use it under the limitation above, but I recommend you to unstall current server componet and reinstall client. Less is better.