cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video help with status codes for NetBackup

tonypace
Level 3

Hello,

Just wondering if there is any develeopment at Symantec for a video database of "how to quickly deal with various status codes" / errors found in NetBackup.

Just a thought, because a variety of quick 2 minute videos can provide a quick visual for finding a fix to the problem(s) that may have surfaced.

Detailed threads are wonderful, however they take lots of time when response time is mission critical in backup of enterprise envirornments.

9 REPLIES 9

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

My opinion only..... Troubleshooter button in Activity Monitor reads a lot quicker than watching any video.

NBU servers in datacenters is also hardly ever connected to the internet.

After 13 years of NBU troubleshooting experience, I have come to the conclusion that there is hardly any 'quick and easy' solution as 99% of errors are caused by external factors.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

bperror -S <error_code> -r 

This is useful to get information on the error code and some very basic troubleshooting techniques.

tonypace
Level 3

Thanks Marianne,

I appreciate and respect your years of experience and that of your quick response and input.

for the most part ...Yes, I have been using the Troubleshooter button in most cases of NBU errors.

tonypace
Level 3

Thanks revaroo

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It's one of the links from our "Common Topics" page (see my signature!)

This Technote contains a table for NetBackup's Status Codes, with links to potential resolutions for each.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58686

Mick_Scott
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Do a search in the knowledge base for "In-Depth Troubleshooting Guide for Exit Status" there are a bunch of old docs that help you work through some of the more generic errors, ie 13

Then if its videos you want  http://www.symantec.com/tv/products I dont think there are any on troubleshooting status codes, but the ones I got value from where around configuring Exchange backups and restores.

Amarnath_Sathis
Level 5

Hi Tony,

Here with this comment I have attached the In Depth Troubleshooting of some error code which we normally get more in our environments.

This attachement would be more usefull

tonypace
Level 3

I will take a look, much appreciated.

tonypace
Level 3

Much appreciated !