cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View backed up files in real time, in Job details.

jpichardo
Level 4

I am using Netbackup 7.5.0.4 on a Server 2003 box and need to give another administrator the ability to see the details of a particular job in real time. He needs to see exactly which files and directories are being backed on a particular policy. Is there a way to see this level of detail in the Job Details for that job? What is the best way to accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stumpr2
Level 6

realtime huh?

I guess you could tail -f /usr/openv/nebackup/logs/bpbkar/log.$DATE

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Stumpr2
Level 6

realtime huh?

I guess you could tail -f /usr/openv/nebackup/logs/bpbkar/log.$DATE

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

I agree with Stumpr, this is the best way, but it shows which files the client is currently dealing with and buffering up, not what is being committed to your storage unit at that exact time. So keep that in mind.

jpichardo
Level 4

That would be the string for a Linux based system correct?  Is " tail -f /usr/openv/nebackup/logs/bpbkar/log.$DATE" the exact command? And lastly you would run this on the client?

Stumpr2
Level 6

the logfile is on the client and windows or Unix/Linux is same path $DATE is todays date

this is a troubleshooting method for status 13/23 or whenever you want to know at which file the backup stopped running. You may have to increase verbosity.

huanglao2002
Level 6

Check the bpbkar logs is ok,But it's not nessary.

IF you administrator doubt the backup valid,you do a restore test.and you can let another administrator to check the file consist.

Hope it hope.

Stumpr2
Level 6

closed by stumpr2

jpichardo
Level 4

Thank you for the solution.