cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Media Server Not visible as Data Domain host

Len_Richardson
Level 2

I'm in the process of adding a number of Virtual Edition Data Domains to backup our regional sites. Each site has a virtual DD and Virtual media server built on the onsite ESX host in each regional building. The master is central and an existing enviroment. I've been through all the steps and everything almost works. The backup works using the central existing physical media servers, the duplication to the physical DD works. What I can't do is get the virtual media server to present itself as a DDboost host. Plug in is installed and credentals added. All softwear is up todate (8.1.1). 

Can I backup to a  DDVE using a virtual media server? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't get an error I just got the fact that the media server was not avalible to add to the Storage Unit. It has however appeared over night and is now avalible for selection. So I fixed it but I don't really know how. So it is possible, thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It should be possible. What error do you get?

I don't get an error I just got the fact that the media server was not avalible to add to the Storage Unit. It has however appeared over night and is now avalible for selection. So I fixed it but I don't really know how. So it is possible, thank you.

Genericus
   VIP   

Our dd tech support showed us this program - DDPconnchk

You can download from DELL/emc

It gives you a command line you can run to verify connectivity to a data domain, and it gives you output you can use to get assistance from them...

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Thank you for taking the time to share that. I found that there is a delay of about 12 hours between setting up the storage unit and the remote site media server being avalible to add.

However that tool might be handy in the future, I've got of these to roll out.