cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NetBackup

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Oracle to Netbackup Copilot

Hello,I'm trying to implement Copilot for Oracle. I've set up the SLPs and registered the test instance, but NBU is unable to perform a backup with the error:Unable to perform a manual backup with policy "test". The policy does not have a list of fil...

bakra by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup PIPE_ORPHANED

Hi,by few days i looked for all FT SAN client connection orphaned and backups stuck in order to switch in Lan, on primary server./usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbrbutil -listOrphanedPipesPipe ID Pipe State Media Server=============================...

Image Duplication Backlog

Hello everyone!I've only recently started working with NetBackup and I've been dealing with it a few weeks now. Now, onto my question regarding duplication and its backlog.Over the weekend, many duplications piled up due to errors or due to the closi...

manmah by Level 0
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable quiescing on Oracle LinuxVM with Oracle BD?

Hello,Please your comments about this issue, we have a VM with Oracle Linux 7.9 and BD Oracle 12c R2.We execute de quiesced backup and the BD is affected in its transaccionality.What is the best practice in this case? We have vmtools installedWith qu...

rafanto by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup from Snapshot vs normal VM snapshot with CBT

HelloI have the following question to the community:What is the best way to bring the VM data to a msdp pool if the VMs reside on a storage array and it is connected to the ESX servers using nfs?I have 2 options:1. Do a snapshot on the primary storag...

Lumpi by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DFSR backup takes a long time to start data transfer

Hello,Please help with this behavior. We have an environment with two DFSR fileservers between two sites, with compression and deduplication enabled on all partitions.We have implemented backups through Shadow Copy Components (as indicated in the doc...

rafanto by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server Hardware refresh

We've finally come to a server hardware refresh and upgrade to Netbackup 10 We're moving from 2008 v8 to 2019 v10. I have Basic disk storage configured with disk staging. I need to move about 3 terabyte of image files. Can these files be physically m...