cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NetBackup

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Netbackup Database Extension SQL GUI

Hi,I've a failover cluster composed by two node, and on each phisycal server there is a sql instance.Server A > Instance1ServerB > Instance2If i open the Netbackup SQL gui on server A there is this situation:Instance1 > i see databases and on right p...

albatroz19_3-1713976946294.png albatroz19_2-1713976628786.png

Dedup variable length segments: which apps/file types profit?

Hi folks, the question came up whether there are any guidelines on what type of files and which applications profit from a better dedup ratio using variable length segments or is it purely trial and error by evaluating the job details etc? Any commen...

bert_geiger by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BMR Restore won't start "Failed to verify backup--rc(1002)

Hi,We are running NBU 8.0 (both clients, medias, master), and these days I'm trying to perform a BMR restore on a W2008r2 client using NBU 8.0. We're not encountering any errors with the backup operations, but when we start a BMR Restore (USB Key Boo...

Aurelien59_0-1713858606471.png Aurelien59_1-1713858639690.png

Resolved! High CPU load on primary server - java process

Hi All,The primary server is heavily loaded. CPU is utilized up to 70 percent by a java process. Both Java GUI and WebUI is unavailable.Stopping and starting NetBackup has not helped.The issue started 4 hours ago. We are not aware of any changes.NetB...

Resolved! S3 bucket deleting Access 3350

Hello, I've provided in the past a 25TB S3 bucket from a 3350 Access appliance, and it's no more needed. I'd like to remove it but I can't find any documentation about this procedure, anyone can help me? Am I missing anything?Thank you!

Setconfig path is not working

Hi, When I try to set the config path to a client from the Master/media server, the server got hung for a long time and does not result anything.Could anyone tell what is the problem behind it ? 

ggm06 by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NBU 10x tape 2 tape copy (inline copy) clarification.

Hi people:We have a 4 drive LTO9 library, Master/media server is Windows2022 and NBU 10.1.2. I have some policies that do a two tape copy of data to different pools. For example, mydata policy have two schedulesforeverfull schedule make a backup to M...

DFS servers backup

Hello,I'd like to ask you if it's totally enough to back-up several DFS servers via one Policy, using just 'ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES' option in its Backup Selection?I'm curious about the recovery operations if such congifuration is sufficient (so far I haven...

Resolved! Oracle to Netbackup Copilot

Hello,I'm trying to implement Copilot for Oracle. I've set up the SLPs and registered the test instance, but NBU is unable to perform a backup with the error:Unable to perform a manual backup with policy "test". The policy does not have a list of fil...

bakra by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup PIPE_ORPHANED

Hi,by few days i looked for all FT SAN client connection orphaned and backups stuck in order to switch in Lan, on primary server./usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbrbutil -listOrphanedPipesPipe ID Pipe State Media Server=============================...

Image Duplication Backlog

Hello everyone!I've only recently started working with NetBackup and I've been dealing with it a few weeks now. Now, onto my question regarding duplication and its backlog.Over the weekend, many duplications piled up due to errors or due to the closi...

manmah by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos