cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VolMove Netapp for Migration MSDP to another MSDP

Dackey
Level 4

Hello,

I have one MSDP used but in a tempory storage, i have receive the definitive storgae so now i would like to migrate the data of the MSDP.

Is that possible to done a vol move to migrate all the data ?

Thx for answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Dackey 

To Add to what @pats_729 has said, as long as the permanent storage mounted to the same location on the same host, then there will be no issue migrating the data. If you are able to do this at the storage level all the better. 

When you do get around to changing the volume, shutdown NetBackup on the media server before making the necessary mount changes. 
If you are not able to copy the data via storage mirroring, then mount the new volume on a temporary location and use a tool to synchronise the data between the volumes (such as robocopy on Windows or rsync on Linux). Once almost done, shutdown NetBackup, perform a final sync between volumes, then mount your new volume in the same location.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pats_729
Level 6
Employee

if you are going to use that on the same system.... then do a mirror at storage level. Once mirroring finishes, you can break the mirror and mount your permanent storage with the same mount as old mount and start using it.

if its not on same system, i would suggest setup a different MSDP and duplicate images to it.

Hi @Dackey 

To Add to what @pats_729 has said, as long as the permanent storage mounted to the same location on the same host, then there will be no issue migrating the data. If you are able to do this at the storage level all the better. 

When you do get around to changing the volume, shutdown NetBackup on the media server before making the necessary mount changes. 
If you are not able to copy the data via storage mirroring, then mount the new volume on a temporary location and use a tool to synchronise the data between the volumes (such as robocopy on Windows or rsync on Linux). Once almost done, shutdown NetBackup, perform a final sync between volumes, then mount your new volume in the same location.

Hello both of you,

Ok thx for your advice, so it will be ok if i done the vol move at the storage level.

Have a nice day.