cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume pool and number

snawaz3
Level 6

This might be a silly question. I have 12 existing volume pools including the default volume pools. Each volume pool has a number allocated to it.I create a new volume pool, APP_VMs. It is given the number 10 (since 10 was missing. I am assuming 10 was allocated to a volume pool which has since beed deleted). When I create a new policy and want to select the APP_VMs volume pool it is not available. Only 8 volumes pools are available in the drop down selection. These volumes pools are in alphabetical order and not according to volume pool number. The reason i am confused is why is APP_VMs not showing up as it should be the first alphabetically?

Also is there a way to change how many and in what order the volume pools show up in the drop down field on the policy page? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems the GUI may have its own cache that it is using instead of reading from the table in EMM.

Try to close and re-open the GUI.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RiaanBadenhorst

Did you refresh all in the GUI?

If you can list the pool using CLI then its there and the GUI is not reflecting correctly.

Marianne
Level 6

Seems the GUI may have its own cache that it is using instead of reading from the table in EMM.

Try to close and re-open the GUI.

snawaz3
Level 6

Thanks. That worked. I did that a couple of times and it finally showed up. It might have been a delayed response. Is there a way to change the number allocated to the volume pools and what is the reason for the numbers if the number is not used as a priority number in the drop down in the policy volume pool?

Marianne
Level 6

There is no way that pool number can be specified when a pool is created. 
NBU/EMM makes that decision.

Even when adding a pool from cmd, you can only specify pool name:

vmpool -create -pn <pool_name> 
(See Commands Manual for full list of options.)

snawaz3
Level 6

Thanks