cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VxSS Authorization Problem - Bpstulist.exe

Paco_Flaco
Level 2

Good morning,

I am working with a NetBackup server 7.1 in a Windows 2008 Standard machine. I will use a report aplication to monitoring the activity of NetBackup and I will need execute a lot of commands of NetBackup in a external machine. I have installed a Remote Admin Console in my machine (it's necessary) and configure all things that I need (for example add my machine in Master Server Propierties to be a trusted server). I have execute correctly all script , but I have problem in one, Bpustulist.exe (with -L and -M parameters). I have this output:

****\bpstulist –L –M adlabs15

Command Failed, stderr: VxSS authorization failed – Access to perform the operation was denied (3000007).

We don't use the VxSS in the Master Server (it be in PROHIBITED)..

Can you help me?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I guess the domain could be an issue if things get translated with FQDN

Try adding the Master name and its IP address to your hosts file and vice-versa to ensure there is no FQDN issues (keep the names in the host files exactly as per the Master Name as shown in the console and client name as shown for your installation)

Can you actually open your Remote Admin Console OK and browse Media etc.?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Your command looks fine and should be OK to run from your PC as long as you have local admin rights to your PC

Ensure that the Server list for your PC has the Master server (I am assuming adlabs15) set as the Master (first in the list) and also check that your PC has the EMM Server registry key populated:

HKLM\Software\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\ - the EMMSERVER key should have your EMM Servers name (Usually the Master Server)

Paco_Flaco
Level 2

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your fast reply, the EMMSERVER key is correct (adlabs15) and I have administrator privileges in both machines. I forgot say that we have an admin user in my machine (user1) and an admin user in Master Server (user2). They are different user to differents domains.

Thanks again ;)

Any idea?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

I guess the domain could be an issue if things get translated with FQDN

Try adding the Master name and its IP address to your hosts file and vice-versa to ensure there is no FQDN issues (keep the names in the host files exactly as per the Master Name as shown in the console and client name as shown for your installation)

Can you actually open your Remote Admin Console OK and browse Media etc.?

Paco_Flaco
Level 2

Thanks Mark,

I forgot add my server machine name in the master server hosts, I have done it with all names (FQDN and short name) and both machines resolve correctly. But It doesn't resolve my problem...

In the Remote Admin Console I have the same error when I try see the storage unit items. "Vxss Authorization failed".

If I have logged in master server and I open the Admin Console I can see all items without problems.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OK - a few more things ....

Have you re-started NetBackup services on the Master since you added your PC to its server list - it should be in the Additional Servers list?

I would stick to hosts file entries for just the netbios names if that is how you clients are configured / named

Do you have bpcd logging on the Master and your PC? worth checking the logs when this happens as well as looking at the Admin logs on the Master to see if it reveals anything.

Is your console exactly the same version and patch level as the Master ?

Paco_Flaco
Level 2

Hi,

I have news, now the problem has dissapeared.. I haven't done more changes that I have said. Is possible that the change in file hosts need some time to have effect?

Thanks for your help Mark

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Could be the hosts file but more likely your PC entry on the Master Servers properties has now kicked in

Glad to have helped

Please mark a solution if you can to close the thread and assist others searching for similar problems in the future

Thanks