cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VxUpdate repository location 8.1.2

X2
   VIP   

I have setup the repository for VxUpdate following steps mentioned in https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/125240132-131571482-0/v130876036-131571482.html (section: Adding packages to NetBackup package repository).

As the section indicates, C:\temp\ location where the package files were put before adding to repository, does anyone know where they actually end up on the file system after adding them to the repository?

In my case, I put them temporarily in /var/nbu/ folder. After doing a find / -name "vxupdate*", it does not show those files at any other location on the system except the temporary location! Does that mean I cannot delete them from that temporary location?

Hopefully someone knows more about vxupdate and answers. In the meanwhile, I will peruse through the documentation Man Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

X2
   VIP   

After adding the packages to the repository, the files (prechecker, nbclient, nbinstallagent) are all located in [NetBackup Install path]/var/global/repo/

You can safely delete the *.sja files from the temporary directory

PS: Do not manually add/remove/edit files in [NetBackup Install path]/var/global/repo/; use only the nbrepo commands to manage the repository.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

X2
   VIP   

After adding the packages to the repository, the files (prechecker, nbclient, nbinstallagent) are all located in [NetBackup Install path]/var/global/repo/

You can safely delete the *.sja files from the temporary directory

PS: Do not manually add/remove/edit files in [NetBackup Install path]/var/global/repo/; use only the nbrepo commands to manage the repository.