cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning:Unable to obtain list ofiles using specified search criteria.

Home_224
Level 6

Thanks,

Hi 

I want to restore the file for testing , set the client and run the restore the backup , I can see the full backup restore directory tree and differential backup icon, but I click the differential backup to see the content,it returns this error message.   This is no problem when click the full backup icon to show the content. 

I check the client report on the nbu console, it shows that the backup successful and contain image. 

May I know if there is any expertise to advice me?

Hong

6 REPLIES 6

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there,

This may be expected for incremental backups. The backup may be successful but there were no changes, nothing to back up, therefore no files to display.

--Virgil

Hi,

I use the Differential incremential  Backup.  I am not sure if there is message come from no files backup change 

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Take a look at this link :  https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100034277

Also can you see all your incremental backup images in catalog report?

Important details lacking:

- Policy type
- Backup selections
- OS including version
- If application backup such as DB, SharePoint, or Exchange, version of the application
- NetBackup version
- GUI being used to browse (NetBackup console, Windows GUI, etc.)
- Error messages in bprd and bpdbm on the master server

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

If the file list is huge sometimes cosole hangs, have you tried using command? Also I don't see the error message in your message.

bplist -B (-A for archive) -C client_name -S master_server -t 0 -k policy -R (-b | -c | -u) -l -unix_files -s date -e date [This is very case sensitive command so make sure to use options in the same case]

bplist -B -C client -S master -t 13 -k WIN-POLICY -s 01/02/2020 09:50:00 -e 02/09/2020 09:50:00 -l -R /F/Folder/Path/etc/etc

EthanH
Level 4

As others have said, this may be an expected behavior for the differential backup if nothing changed.

Have you tried selecting the full + the differential images when choosing what to restore from? 

If you wanted to test it, just make a small change to the file you want to restore, do another differential, and see if you're able to see the file then.