cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We work for Points dont we?

zippy
Level 6
All,

It's important that you give points to folks that are helping you fix your problem or problems. You should give points even if an answer is semi correct. The pointing system encourages us to help people in the forum solve their production problems, it also TAG's 'helpful" or in some case "correct" answers with a amber light bulb or green light bulb, this type of TAG'ing help's all of us troubleshoot a problem that we all may run into now or in the future. I have see many questions answered in whole or in part and most have no points assigned to them.

Please give and you shall receive.

P.S. You will not get answers from me if you don't point out!

JD
28 REPLIES 28

DavidParker
Level 6
Amen.
I fully endorse James's message!

Points rule!

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
Yep gotta luv them. Been stuck for a while.
It is quite nice to get the feedbackup after trying to solve a problem.

DavidParker
Level 6
Good lord, look at it ...

There's only *ONE* thread on the first page with ANY points assigned ...

It's a sad, sad day ...

:(

zippy
Level 6
This is why I said something, this page is MT or VOID of points!

Those that dont point are remebered by me. You wonder why you dont get any answers.

I have looked at this group of questions/answers and have found that there are many pointable (SIC) answers.

JD

Ade_A
Level 4
You guys are funny, especially that Parker fellow...

James, did you award Parker points for agreeing? LOL

Ps...I want 5pts for this!

DavidParker
Level 6
I think James is saving the points for *good* replies to his thread =P

Ade_A
Level 4
That there deserves 10pts! Unfortunately I can't give you any. How about a shinny gold star instead?

PS...looks like you might be changing your 'From' field to World Wide. ;)

DavidParker
Level 6
Yes, I'll be moving up to the ISS in the near future to better serve the needs of the Symantec Support Forums.

zippy
Level 6
Ade,

You choose who gets the Points.

I was waiting for more posts good guess.

JD

DavidParker
Level 6
Hmm, I wonder why I never get any points from James?
What are you trying to say there, James?
Are my posts not good enough?
=P

Where's the love?

Stumpr2
Level 6
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Look at all the pretty lights.
Congratulations to all!

zippy
Level 6
As you all know I rarley as any questions, I like to answer them; sometime I get cranky sometimes I have fun, I will give points if they deserve the points, I will allways point out the whole question, ask Bob, Bob knows huh Bob?

So dont feal sad Dave, you will get em if you deserve them.

JD

DavidParker
Level 6
I think you're just nervous about the competition ;)

Stumpr2
Level 6
> I will give points if they deserve the points,
> I will allways point out the whole question,
> ask Bob, Bob knows huh Bob?

Yes James is good at awarding points to those that help.
He practices what he preaches.
I think James has given me over 50 of my points.
I too, usually give out all 20 points to my inquiries.

I think James has inspired Sean Krantz on how to award points. Sean just joined the forum and has already awarded 75 points in his first week We need to encourage posters like Sean to continue to reward.BS

h_m
Level 6
Doesnt rewarding points to a random thread make a mockery of the whole forum based points thing?

zippy
Level 6
yes it does thats the point.

zippy
Level 6
Thanks Bob

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia <------------------------------

Thajwas__
Level 4
I am always ready with points, but someone should answer my queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Thajwas

Stumpr2
Level 6
OK, I'm gonna go for the green. No putxn intended.

We work for Points don't we?

The correct answer is yes.
A waitress works very hard. Part of the salary is tips. In Michigan the waitress is legally paid less than minimum wages by the employer because the tips are considered part of the income. I always leave a tip for the waitress. Tips is acually an acronym that stands for:
T o
Insure
Prompt
Service

In the forum, contributers are gainfully employed yet spend a small part of their time serving others. Contributers expect a tip just like a waitress. Instead of money, contributers expect points. Rewarding points to contributers is like leaving a tip for a waitress. It will act To Insure Prompt Service

To continue with the waitress analogy. I begrudgingly leave a small tip 10% for poor service and an average tip 15% for average services and a large tip of 20% for excellent service. No matter how the services is, I always thank the waitress when she refills my beverage. All waitresses get a thank you but they will work extra hard for the TIPS. ...and they will look forward to waiting on you in the future when they know they will get a good tip.

Now the bad part about this analogy is that a waitress NEEDS the tips to feed the family. Like I said earlier, in Michigan it is legally considered part of their income. Contributers don't need the points to feed their family but we still expect recognition of services rendered in form of points (as the tips). A thank you is a thank you, but points are TIPS.

Now I encourage the reader to review some of your posts where someone helped you resolve an issue that you go back to that post and leave some TIPS.

you can award 2 helpful replies but only 1 "most" correct reply
helpful answers = 5 points
correct answer = 10 pointsBS