cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Does MNR stand for from Netbackup Recovery Presepective

Jeds7755
Level 3

Example

20:15:19 (410472.004) TAR - E:\ProjectWiseFiles\EU\UK\GHMMDH\dms48031\Lawns Lane GA.pdf

20:15:19 (410472.004) MNR - The following file was kept:

20:15:19 (410472.004) UTF - E:\ProjectWiseFiles\EU\UK\GHMMDH\dms48031\Lawns Lane GA.pdf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It may seem obvious after I tell you that it stands for MiNoR, but I certainly wouldn't have come up with that answer on my own without a visit to the library.  No, I can't tell you what UTF stands for.  (Why DID you need to know this?)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Will_Restore
Level 6

Microsoft Naming Resource ?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Strange how small detail becomes an 'issue' to some people.

In my 14 years of working with NBU, the only thing that has mattered to me is the exit code - success or failure...

Success - life is good.
Failure - pinpoint where in process the failure has occurred. Check applicable log...

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

O also ways though it was short for "manager" - as with very verbose logging the entry immediately before it says something about the TAR Manager process.

We may have to go back to the early 90's to get an answer from the original codes of NetBackup

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It may seem obvious after I tell you that it stands for MiNoR, but I certainly wouldn't have come up with that answer on my own without a visit to the library.  No, I can't tell you what UTF stands for.  (Why DID you need to know this?)