cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does NetBackup look for on a Lotus Notes server to allow it to run backups/restores using the Lotus Notes policy?

viwasa
Not applicable

From my understanding, NetBackup relies on the Lotus Notes API to validate that it's a Lotus Notes server and it can proceed to backup/restore the server using the Lotus Notes policy.  Initially, we thought the Lotus Domino Server service had to be actually running for the backups/restores to work but that's not the case.  On a test restore, where the entire Notes folder was absent, I ended up having to re-install Domino in order for me to restore the *\notes\data folder.  Which made me wonder what does NetBackup look for when doing a Lotus Notes restore?

This will help us understand our requirements for recovering a Lotus Notes server, e.g., do we need to reinstall Domino since the absence of specific Domino files will cause the restores to fail?  If so, what are those files?  Notes.ini?  Server ID file?

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The NBU for Lotus Notes Admin Guide  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3668 should provide you with the info that you're looking for.

Chapter 1: Introduction to NetBackup for Lotus Notes will tell you what is needed for backups.

Recovering the Lotus Notes environment in chapter 4 will tell you what is needed for a restore.