cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does a red circle with a red slash in netbackup restore mean?

netbackup_newbi
Level 3
When I restore a file I have noticed that the files have a red circle with a red slash.  I am able
to restore the file but I would like to know what the symbol means. The client is running redhat 4 and
we are using netbackup 6 connected to netapp via ndmp.
3 REPLIES 3

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
It denotes a "read only" file.

(We used to document GUI icons better in earlier versions of the documentation, but they have disappeared - we'll try to bring 'em back!)

netbackup_newbi
Level 3

Thank you for the answer , what is strange about it
is that the symbol is on files that were migrated from from a windows environment
to netapp. In the netapp environment the files are not read only. Also we have many
other files on the netapp that do not have that symbol. I was also able to restore the
files with the symbol. Do you have any suggestion on how i can remove the read only symbol?

Thank you

Debbie

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I don't really know how the GUI determines what's a read-only file.  (I would assume it looks at file permissions but I shouldn't assume...especially if Windows is involved ;) )

Unfortunately there's no way you can change how our GUI displays those lists that I'm aware of.

Incidentally, there's now a TechNote which has the list of icons you can find in the GUI Help:

DOCUMENTATION: What are the icons in the Backup, Archive & Restore (BAR) graphical user interface (GUI), and what do they represent? 
 http://support.veritas.com/docs/325001