cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of below lincences?Why they needed..

Shailesh_raj72
Level 4
Partner

Hi All,

Pls giv me idea abt below symantec product..what is their use and information abt software need to be install for the same.

I am using Netbackup on Red hat Linux environment

SYMC NETBACKUP OPTION LIBRARY BASED TAPE DRIVE 7.6 XPLAT PER DRIVE STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S

and

SYMC NETBACKUP CLIENT APPLICATION AND DATABASE PACK 7.6 WIN/LNX/SOLX64 1 SERVER TIER 2 STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have moved this post to the NetBackup forum as this question is not directly related to NetBackup Appliances.

LIBRARY BASED TAPE DRIVE license is needed if you want to backup to tape drives in a robot/library or duplicate backups to library based tape drives.
No additional software is needed - Media Manager software is included in NBU server software.
Device configuration info can be found in NBU Admin Guide I and the Device Config Guide.
Links to all manuals can be found in 'Handy NBU Links' in my signature.

APPLICATION AND DATABASE PACK allows you to configure Database Agent backups for:
- Oracle
- Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Active Directory
- IBM DB2, IBM Lotus Notes
- Informix
- Sybase
- Symantec Enterprise Vault

Documentation for Agent backups also in manuals from the link in my signature.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have moved this post to the NetBackup forum as this question is not directly related to NetBackup Appliances.

LIBRARY BASED TAPE DRIVE license is needed if you want to backup to tape drives in a robot/library or duplicate backups to library based tape drives.
No additional software is needed - Media Manager software is included in NBU server software.
Device configuration info can be found in NBU Admin Guide I and the Device Config Guide.
Links to all manuals can be found in 'Handy NBU Links' in my signature.

APPLICATION AND DATABASE PACK allows you to configure Database Agent backups for:
- Oracle
- Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Active Directory
- IBM DB2, IBM Lotus Notes
- Informix
- Sybase
- Symantec Enterprise Vault

Documentation for Agent backups also in manuals from the link in my signature.

Shailesh_raj72
Level 4
Partner

Thanks Marianne..