cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's new in Netbackup 8.3.0.1?

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

Netbackup 8.3.0.1 is a minor release but I could not find documentation about improvement or changes in this release. The link direct to 8.3 instead so want to find more info about this minor release before I consider to choose this version.

When I use sort.veritas.com to find the Upgrade Checklist for NetBackup 8.3 its suggesting to consider upgrading to 8.3.0.1. I would like to find if I can stick to 8.3 instead of upgrading to 8.3.0.1 if there are no major issues addressed in this minor release.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

Axelay91
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hello,

I think the major addition in this version is this :

The following products and services are supported starting with NetBackup 8.3.0.1:

• Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for Hadoop and HBase

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/103228346-142572401-0/v120578055-142572401

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

NetBackup 8.3.0.1 addresses client specific issue and some minor enhancements.

I may stick with 8.3 and upgrade to this minor release if we face any issue pr need enhancement. You can get your own EEB if required for an issue that is specific to your own environment.  

NetBackup 8.3.0.1 new features, changes, and enhancements

New features, changes, and enhancements in NetBackup 8.3.0.1 are grouped below by category.

New features
Secure communication features, changes, and enhancements

Support changes and enhancements
Cloud-related changes and enhancements

CliffordB
Level 4
Employee

Just a note: 8.3.0.1 is a minor update.  You will find only a handful a feature changes that were mostly created for specific customers.  If the release notes don't apply to you, then you may want to skip this very minor update.

Cheers

Bear in mind a few things when making this decision -- Flex will not have an 8.3 container image, it will be an 8.3.0.1 container released with the next Flex platform release.  The 8.3.0.1 release also executes on things that were made possible in the 8.3 base release, and NetBackup appliances will release 3.3.0.1, not a 3.3 release.

So while I frequently say 'yea and amen' to what Cliff says, I would consider moving to 8.3.0.1 rather than just 8.3 if you are an appliance-only environment, Flex, or have plans to utilize immutable storage in the future.  

I encourage everyone to talk to your partner and/or Veritas SE to come to the right course for your environment.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances