cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I try to log in Master Server, it logs as client (NBU7.5 RedHat)

Andre_Torres
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi folks,

I've just installed in a CentOS new server NetBackup 7.5, the install finishes ok, but when I try to log on the Administration Console (tried via jnbSA and JAVA Console) it shows me, as my server was client. I've already installed NBU 6.5, 7.0 and 7.1 and never experienced this problem. Tried to update to 7.5.0.4 and the problem persists.

skipping the obvious questions, yeah, i've put the license and it recognizes it, I've tried putting all the settings in intallation as default, bp.conf shows me the server as master server, I've tried redownloading the installation files from fileconnect.

If anybody can help me solving this problem, I would be thankful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you goto the 'Sort' for NBU website

https://sort.symantec.com/netbackup

And fill in the details, Product/ Version  and then select the Platform dropdown, you will see that CentOS is only supported as Media Server and Client.

CentOS is a variation on RH - unfortunately despite this, it is not exactly the same, hence why things aren't working.

Martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are you installing this as a Master server ?

If so, CentOS is not supported as a NetBackup Master Server - that is the issue.

Sorry, if that is not what you wanted to hear.

Martin

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you goto the 'Sort' for NBU website

https://sort.symantec.com/netbackup

And fill in the details, Product/ Version  and then select the Platform dropdown, you will see that CentOS is only supported as Media Server and Client.

CentOS is a variation on RH - unfortunately despite this, it is not exactly the same, hence why things aren't working.

Martin

Andre_Torres
Level 5
Partner Accredited

All right, I don't even looked on the compatibility list, as I used NetBackup 6.5 in a CentOS, I assumed CentOS was still supported as master server.

Thanks.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Andre,

Yes, it's a common mistake, and as CentOS is closely related to RH, an understandable one.

The compatability lists are quite difficult to understand sometimes, 'Sort' is the easy way to demonstate this particular query.

Regards,

Martin