cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the job details information stored??

AntonioVargas
Level 4
Hi guys,
this is my first message so hell to all. :)
I have a Netbackup 6 system based on a Solaris machine. What i want to know is, where are all the information of jobs details stored?the ones  that we can see in the "Activity Monitor" in the Netbackup Administration console.
I explain why i am asking this. It's because i want to create a script to automatic send to the client the information about backups that failed. This way i dont need to waste 2 hours every morning seeing what backups failed, why they failed, and compiling this information and sending it to the client.

can anyone help me with this issue?
thanks in advance

:)
13 REPLIES 13

bak
Level 4
Try this command (lists the status of all backup jobs for the past 24 hours):

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -U -backstat -by_statcode -hoursago 24

AntonioVargas
Level 4
The command will show me all the jobs failed in the past 24 hours, but actually what i do need is to know where are the logs stored, because i want to script when the backup starts and send it to the client when it ends.

I did not explain well on the first post. It's important to know what failed but i need to automaticly send (with scripting) the logs to the clients, does not matter if it fails or not.

Baisicly the important is really to know where are the logs on the Solaris OS.

thanks for the help.

:)

bak
Level 4
This command will provide all details for a backup job, but requires that you know the jobid.  Replace 00000 with actual jobid.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpdbjobs -jobid 00000 -all_columns

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
you can customize an existing script to mail you the information you are looking for. go to /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies directory and look for file name "mail_bp_reports"

NetBackup keeps all logs depending upon log module either in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs or /usr/openv/logs.

Stumpr2
Level 6
The information that you see in the details for a specific job in the activity monitor is NOT stored anywhere as a file. What appears to be a logfile is actually queried and built each time you request the details. You have been given the command that builds the details that are displayed.ENJOY!

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
you can also try bpdbjobs -report -all_columns and do the proper grep, sed, awk thing, this will show you everything that u see on the activity monitory is just about filtering, also you can try some other reports under the doc id 247902

regards

Stefan_Schmid_2
Level 4

You may looking for something like this:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -U -problems -columns 250

-d $Y_MONTH/$Y_DAY/$Y_YEAR 06:00:00 -e $MONTH/$DAY/$YEAR 06:00:00 -client  nbuclient001.domain.ch

AntonioVargas
Level 4
Hi,

Thank you all for the quick response... i will try tomorrow first thing in the morning to run the commands you've sugested...
i will post the result here..

regards,

António Vargas

AntonioVargas
Level 4
Hello again.

when i run the command: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -U -backstat -by_statcode -hoursago 24 i get the name of the clients separated by backup error code. This could be usefull to see from a faster way what clients had backup with errors, but this only is not enough.

when i run the command: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpdbjobs -jobid 00000 -all_columns , replacing the 00000 by a job id number of a job concluded with errors i strangely dont get any results. any clue why?

>>>The information that you see in the details for a specific job in the activity monitor is NOT stored anywhere as >>>a file. What appears to be a logfile is actually queried and built each time you request the details. You have >>>been given the command that builds the details that are displayed.ENJOY!

so scripting to get automaticly jobs with errors sent to the clients is not an option?

>>>NetBackup keeps all logs depending upon log module either in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs or /usr/openv/logs

i will check for job detail logs there.

thanks in advance.

António Vargas

Stefan_Schmid_2
Level 4
"when i run the command: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpdbjobs -jobid 00000 -all_columns , replacing the 00000 by a job id number of a job concluded with errors i strangely dont get any results. any clue why?"

If the job is older than 24 hours, add < -hoursago 48 > to the command (48 stands for 48 hours which means NetBackup searches for this job id number within the last 48 hours. If this job was run within the last 48 hours, the
command will display the result)

An alternative is:

bperror -U -jobid 00000 [ -hoursago 168]

Stumpr2
Level 6
read the funfilled manual

VERITAS NetBackup (tm) 6.0 Commands for UNIX

"You have been given the command that builds the details that are displayed.ENJOY!"

But where exactly are the command(s) to build the job log file?

thanks

Kim

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@krasburyu 

Please start a new discussion for your query.