cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get detailed report/log on restores?

LT2013
Level 4

Hi all,

I need to start saving restore logs for compliance/audit purposes.

I understand that restore logs are under /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/...

However, when I view the contents of the various logs I don't the one major piece of info that I really need: the restore source.

I know the job details (in Activity Monitor) has this info in the form of "restoring from image .... ". But thats not in the logs. Wondering what might be the best way to collect this information.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You may consider to use opscenter to monitor restore operations. Opscenter can hold up to 3 month (I think)  of activity monitor logs.

auditing has been default enabled since 7.5, so try to do a "nbauditreport -fmt DETAIL" and see if that provide the information required (I am not near a netbackup installation right now).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
bprd log on master server has this info. This log folder must be created if it does not exist, followed by NBU restart to enable the log.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You may consider to use opscenter to monitor restore operations. Opscenter can hold up to 3 month (I think)  of activity monitor logs.

auditing has been default enabled since 7.5, so try to do a "nbauditreport -fmt DETAIL" and see if that provide the information required (I am not near a netbackup installation right now).

LT2013
Level 4

Thanks for the replies.

Did not know about the nbauditreport command, and it does provide the info I need, as well as other "audit" information.

Though in looking into Marianne's reply, I saw userreq_notify being called. I may need a combination of the 2 to satisfy auditors. It seems nbauditreport will record that a restore was initiated, but doesn't necessarily mean it completed successfully.