cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can download Netbackup Client 7.0 for SUSE linux 11

yew_hwa
Level 3

I have bought the Netbackup client 7.6 licence recently but currently my NBU master server is 6.5 which is not compatible to this version. So in order to install a client version that compatible with the master server, i will need to use Netbackup client 7.0 version. I search the symantec fileconnet and key in the serial number but inside only have the client7.6 for me to download while i cant found any lower version to download.

Please helpt to provide me the link or source to download the lower version of client NBU, i need it urgently, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

This is confusing as you cannot only buy a Netbackup 7.6 client license as its of no use for you.

You need a server(Netbackup Base) license in case you want to be able to use features/compatibility introduced in 7.6.

Check with the partner/provider.

If you have actually bought a server license which will be actually an upgrade and should come as bundle for other licenses that you may have like application etc, then you should aim at first upgrading the master server before trying to make use of 7.6 at client level

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

This is confusing as you cannot only buy a Netbackup 7.6 client license as its of no use for you.

You need a server(Netbackup Base) license in case you want to be able to use features/compatibility introduced in 7.6.

Check with the partner/provider.

If you have actually bought a server license which will be actually an upgrade and should come as bundle for other licenses that you may have like application etc, then you should aim at first upgrading the master server before trying to make use of 7.6 at client level

yew_hwa
Level 3

Hi,

I am not the person to buy the license but after bought the client license just noticed that the master server 6.0 cant support the client 7.6. tats why i need the lower version of client NBU to backup it.

Thanks

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

What are the line items mentioned on the license certificate?

yew_hwa
Level 3

What do u mean of line item? i cant catch it

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Your master needs to be upgraded to 7.6. 6.5 Is not supported anymore.

yew_hwa
Level 3

but customer no intend want to upgrade the master server coz there have some client servers still running older version of NBU client, tats why i want to download the NBU client 7.0 to campatible with their master server.

Thanks

Marianne
Level 6
Client cannot be higher version than the master. 7.0 client cannot be used with 6.5 master and/or media server. Your customer will have to upgrade. No other solution or workaround.

yew_hwa
Level 3

my colleague asked the symantec support before and they said client 7.0 can compatible master server 6.5 tats he ask my help to download the client 7.0 and try it. 

Can I know is there really no way to download the client 7.0 in symantec portal?

Thanks

Marianne
Level 6
Higher version client is NOT supported. Here is the official Symantec Support statement: Version Compatibility TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH29677 You can only download particular version of NBU software if you have license key certificate with Serial number for that version to access downloads on FileConnect.

yew_hwa
Level 3

ya, i used fileconnect and key in my serial number but inside only provided 7.6 version to download while the lower version no more there...

Marianne
Level 6
Higher version master is supported with lower version client, not the other way round. Show your customer the Version Compatibility TN and the OS SCL : http://origin-symwisedownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/SYMWISE/content/live/SOLUTIONS/76000/TECH76648/en_US/nbu_76_scl.html#operating_systems-suse_suse_linux_enterprise_server-suse_suse_linux_enterprise_server_-_netbackup_client There is no other way - customer needs to upgrade.

RiaanBadenhorst

I have the 6.5 Client if you want it.