cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does "SLP_Multiple_Lifecycle" group backup images of multiple SLPs into the same replication?

hiromasa_y2g
Level 3
Employee

Hi all,

There is an article on "SLP_Multiple_Lifecycle" in the knowledge base, but there is no mention of why it is grouped.
What are the benefits of grouping?
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100002786

4 REPLIES 4

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Just me thinking out loud... for instance less jobs in activity monitor the better, right? maybe less nbrb resources are used... less nbjm related thing... less mean more cpu/mem do remain for other things right? but that is only my take, so called common sense ;)

X2
   VIP   

Also, for your other SLPs you can change the grouping behaviour (by default grouping happens) by going into Master server properties > SLP Parameters > and changing "Group images across SLPs" to "No".

hi quebek-san,
thank you for your reply.

however,
the replication caches the SO/FP of the target site required to transfer the target backup data and extracts the data to be transferred.
I think it is more efficient to process multiple jobs in parallel to use CPU / MEM than to combine them into one replication job.
how about?

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello @hiromasa_y2g 

Well you are Veritas employee ;) so ask the coders.

but also you can test this by changing what @X2 mentioned above. I do like these groups - my take.