cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows NetBackup 6.5.4 Master server convert to MSCS

g00ner
Level 2
Does anyone know if it is possible to install NetBackup 6.5.4 as a Master Server on each node of a MSCS using the silentmaster script provided on the CD. Then add the registry keys required by bpclusterutil and run this command with -c option?

I am trying to automate the installation of the Master server in an MSCS environment as l need to ensure build consistency in all the environments that l support. 
4 REPLIES 4

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified
based on that i can guide you how we can install

g00ner
Level 2
Thanks for your reply Srikanth It is a Windows 2003 R2 cluster.

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified

in installation guide it is clear..
to simplify this..
first allocate the storage disk to the nodes where you want to place the catalog and config database
i.e after allocation.. format it and mount it
then create a new group under cluster window and add this disk resource under that group
then copy the software on node 1
when you run the install select the cluster install
further the installation select the disk you added

i have installed this many times for a POC, which included on doing on 32 bit, 64 bit 2003 box and 2008 box

understand the guide properly and start the installtion
at any point you get struck, message me
even symantec has a very good resource in support who looks after cluster calls.

g00ner
Level 2
 Presumably what you are describing is a fresh install on an MSCS 2003?

What l want to do is automate the whole installation of netbackup on an mscs. E.g. no end user interaction. There is a silent install script for a master server, but this is not support on MSCS.

My question, which l think you have misundersood, is can l install the master server using the above script on each node and then run bpclusterutil -c with the appropiate registry keys added?