cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows client issues

SARA_8
Level 4

I have a big number of windows servers  scheduled in NetBackup. Every day some of them fail due to different reasons. The reasons are mainly ports are blocked, DNs issue, server is down, NetBackup service not running.

I want to have an automated way to check all windows servers if they have the all the requirements to avoid failures  before their backup start then fix the issue or remove them from the schedule if required.

Master: unix

Netbackup : 7.5

Thaanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

All of the issues you mention are outside of NBU.

There is no automated way from within NBU to check DNS, firewalls, Services, etc.
A workaround for problematic DNS is to add hosts entries to all servers and clients. frown

I am not aware of any scripting that can be done on a Unix master to check all of these issues on Windows clients.

It seems that your main issue is with changes being made in the environment without proper notification or change control. 
This can only be enforced from a management level.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

All of the issues you mention are outside of NBU.

There is no automated way from within NBU to check DNS, firewalls, Services, etc.
A workaround for problematic DNS is to add hosts entries to all servers and clients. frown

I am not aware of any scripting that can be done on a Unix master to check all of these issues on Windows clients.

It seems that your main issue is with changes being made in the environment without proper notification or change control. 
This can only be enforced from a management level.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

100% agreed with Marianne Comment...

it indicates your enviornment is going out of Control.

proactly you can do the communications check may be with bptestbpcd using the script...  but you never know or no gareent that it will help you .. because the communication check looks fine and you got the issue after the communication check...

so i would suggest you to enable the reports and sort out the reasons and take it to your management to streamline it