Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Application Backup for SQL

AIacono
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi to all.

This is my first post in this forum. I've searched some solutions but I don't find anything.

I've a problem with SQL policy backup. I've set 3 automatic schedule backup (full_weekly, full_monthly & full_daily). daily is scheduled every day from monday to friday at 04 am. weekly and monthly are scheduled every sunday at 06 am. for each automatic backup i've create an application backup with start window from 00:00 of sunday to 23:59:59 of saturday (full_weekly_application, full_monthly_application & full_daily_application). So when start full_weekly schedule launch full_daily_application instead of full_weekly_application). This is a problem because i've set duplication only in full_weekly and full_monthly application backup.

In Oracle backup policy I don't have this problem because i create a cfg file where specify for each automatic backup the corrispective application backup.

I hope that I've explained my problem clearly. Sorry for my bad english.

Regards,

Amilcare

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Alacon,

"So when start full_weekly schedule launch full_daily_application instead of full_weekly_application "

this is because batch file is referring to the full_daily_application schedule always..

so

to achive your requirement you need to have 3 different policies... with 3 batch files...one batch file for each type of shedule. also one batch file works..if you do not specify the Schedule name in bch file.. 

one for Dailly with schedules full_daily & full_daily_application

2nd for weekly with schedules full_weekly & full_weekly_application

3rd for Monthly with  schedules full_monthly & full_monthly_application

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Alacon,

"So when start full_weekly schedule launch full_daily_application instead of full_weekly_application "

this is because batch file is referring to the full_daily_application schedule always..

so

to achive your requirement you need to have 3 different policies... with 3 batch files...one batch file for each type of shedule. also one batch file works..if you do not specify the Schedule name in bch file.. 

one for Dailly with schedules full_daily & full_daily_application

2nd for weekly with schedules full_weekly & full_weekly_application

3rd for Monthly with  schedules full_monthly & full_monthly_application