cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access to the client was not allowed-59

ratish
Level 3

I have two media server configured in the cluster,the backup completed but hile restoring to the alternae clients,its givin me the follwoing error.

"Error bpbrm(pid=20519) Request from host <Media server> to host <destination Clinet> is not allowed access. is not an authorized server for host <destination>
9/1/2014 10:53:05 PM - Error bpbrm(pid=20519) bpcd on <destination clinet> exited with status 59: access to the client was not allowed"

All the communication with all the media server to the client has been tested .

Using Netbackup 7.6.0.1.

Thank you 

Ratish Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As per my comment above:

Please create bpcd log folder under ...\Veritas\netbackup\logs (/usr/openv/netbackup/logs if Unix or Linux) on the destination client.

Either try the restore again or test connectivity from the media server doing the restore as follows:

bptestbpcd -client <client-name> -verbose -debug

As stated above, bpcd log will show us connection request from the media server.
This will tell us if client is able to resolve the IP address to a hostname and if this resolved hostname appears in the Client's SERVER list.

Remember that resolved hostname MUST match Server entry EXACTLY.
server1 != SERVER1 != SERVER1.FQDN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne

Add a Server entry for the media server on the Destination client.

You can use Host Properties in the GUI to edit Client's Server entries.

For further troubleshooting, create bpcd log folder on the Destination client under netbackup\logs folder.

After next failure, check bpcd log for connection request from the media server.
You will see if client is able to resolve the IP address to a hostname.

This resolved hostname that you see in bpcd log needs to be in Client's Server entries.

RiaanBadenhorst
Post your communications tests please.

Jc_lee
Level 2
In the client bp.cnof add SERVER=BAKUP_MEDIA_SERVER then restart the CLIENT service and re-run the restore job.

Marianne
The OS selection in the opening post is Windows. Server entries are in the Registry. No bp.conf. Strange that there has been no reply to any of the advice given thus far...

ratish
Level 3

Added the entry of the media server in the client bp.conf file,

In the host properties i have added the media server and master server entry as well and restarted the clinet.

Still i was getting the error 59.clinet is not athorised to access.

RiaanBadenhorst

You have a media server configure as a cluster. Did you add both the node names to the client's bp.conf (server list) as well?

Marianne

As per my comment above:

Please create bpcd log folder under ...\Veritas\netbackup\logs (/usr/openv/netbackup/logs if Unix or Linux) on the destination client.

Either try the restore again or test connectivity from the media server doing the restore as follows:

bptestbpcd -client <client-name> -verbose -debug

As stated above, bpcd log will show us connection request from the media server.
This will tell us if client is able to resolve the IP address to a hostname and if this resolved hostname appears in the Client's SERVER list.

Remember that resolved hostname MUST match Server entry EXACTLY.
server1 != SERVER1 != SERVER1.FQDN