cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding new clients to take backup

A_M_Ash_
Level 6

Hi,

kindly i want your help to add new clients to take its backup  ..  would you please provide me with all steps and knoledge that must exist and valid to do that

and what are software we must install on client and master or media server to do this task as it was first time to do that

master server data:

Symantic Product Name: Symantec Netbackup

Product Version: 7.0.1

Operating System: HP-UX 11iv3

28 REPLIES 28

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It means that you must replace client with the client name that you want to push-install:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/install_client_files ssh  LS0-EN

Only try that when ssh is working at OS level.

A_M_Ash_
Level 6

ok Marianne,, do you have idea about how to do " rsh server  be installed and enabled on the clients." ?

A_M_Ash_
Level 6

ok , but what i want is what we mean by install_client_files 

as i know ssh client =ssh LSO-EN

Marianne
Level 6

That is the NetBackup command to push-install Client software.

Marianne
Level 6

I know how to do that on Solaris (because I used to be Solaris sysadmin some years ago).

No idea how to do it on Linux. Best to search Linux forums. Or speak to you Linux sysadmin.

A_M_Ash_
Level 6

hi Marianne,

how  to patch the Client software before  push-install, or to re-apply the Client patch (NB_CLT_7.0.1) on the master server.??

and as you said "   This one is correct:    NetBackup-RedHat2.6 7.0  "  how is that and the client os is RH5.6??

Marianne
Level 6

Have a look at my post above:

If you look at the 'Client Selections for Backup Policies' table in the NBU 7 OS Compatibility Guide, you will see under the NetBackup 7.0 column that the choice for RHEL 4, 5 and 6 is Linux,RedHat2.6.

If you want to patch NBU client software on the master, re-install 7.0.1 Client patch with '-p' option - as per this post: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/adding-new-clients-take-backup#comment-7852511

(Creating mini-threads within this discussion is getting a bit confusing.... Maybe that is why you are missing information previously given?)

A_M_Ash_
Level 6

ok thanks for the first point i get it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but for the 2nfd issue  i try to push sw but give me the same message  :

Installing software on LS0-EN...

Software installation on LS0-EN failed.

Software installation messages:

Client LS0-EN was not found in the configuration database.

The client files were not installed on LS0-EN.

also i send the ports in the link:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH136090

to the team of network to open ports in it

how can i check that all ports and security is opened btween master and client ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if we need to  patch NBU client software on the master or re-install 7.0.1 Client patch with '-p' option

could you please give me the all steps and command  ??

Marianne
Level 6

rsh and ssh are more than just ports - it is software that needs to be running on the server and the client.

You need to confirm that either rsh or ssh are working at OS level.

To re-install 7.0.1 software, cd to directory where your patches are, then run NB_update.install with '-p':

# NB_update.install -p

*** We are already on post 28 on your 2nd thread about Client software installation.
If you are battling with configuration of ssh or rsh, please ask your OS admins for assistance.

WHY not just take the software and the patch to the client and install the software manually?

Why not try the other push-install methods such as ftp and sftp (details in the manual)?

I don't know what else to suggest - I honestly feel that you have all available infformation from NetBackup point of view. Repeating the same advice over and over really serves no purpose.... crying