cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automation of host adds/removes in NBU policies

tythecellist
Level 4
Partner

Wondering if other NBU shops have successfully tackled the issue of how to automate the addition/removal of hosts to/from NBU policies (Windows, Linux, NDMP, etc.)  

I can come up with numerous examples using bpplclient, but if someone has integrated this into a workflow management/automation routine, I'd love to hear about it.  Obviously the automation is already there with VIPs, but I can see how using standard OS policies would require a few more arguments to be passed as well.

I'd greatly appreciate any input!

thanks

ty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Hello,

we have integrated/automated using Puppet. during the server build, puppet will install the netbackup client and run the bpplclients command on master server to add the clients into predefined policies.(we can also do the same during the server decomission process)

we can also get this done using the Netbackup self service,  which will also give other options like restore, manual backups and provide the options to check the backup status for the applicaiton team.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Hello,

we have integrated/automated using Puppet. during the server build, puppet will install the netbackup client and run the bpplclients command on master server to add the clients into predefined policies.(we can also do the same during the server decomission process)

we can also get this done using the Netbackup self service,  which will also give other options like restore, manual backups and provide the options to check the backup status for the applicaiton team.

Excellent, thank you Ram!   Exactly what I was hoping to hear.  Although I don't think NBU SS is necessarily a good fit for our multi-tenant environment (particularly NAS/NDMP restores) I'm glad to know you're finding it useful.  

I'll give Puppet a closer look.