cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

availablemedia script

demo4119
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

i have a available_media script output blank on a windows media servers and i have rebooted server .

how can i overcome this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

See if this is your problem:

When the Available_Media report is executed, it creates a lock file to prevent a second attempt of this report from running at the same time. When the report is running and is interrupted by an 'Esc' key or 'CTRL-C' the lock file does not get released and prevents the Available_Media report from being run.  In order to get around this, look for a file in the %TEMP% directory in the following format:
AM.<current username>.lok.  
This file must be deleted or renamed so that the Available_Media report can be run again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

See if this is your problem:

When the Available_Media report is executed, it creates a lock file to prevent a second attempt of this report from running at the same time. When the report is running and is interrupted by an 'Esc' key or 'CTRL-C' the lock file does not get released and prevents the Available_Media report from being run.  In order to get around this, look for a file in the %TEMP% directory in the following format:
AM.<current username>.lok.  
This file must be deleted or renamed so that the Available_Media report can be run again.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I had the feeling due to the way this ran that you should run it on the Master rather than on the Media Server - its output does reports on al Media Servers media

#edit#

From the script itself:

@REM  caveat:
@REM     this script assumes that the Volume Manager database and NetBackup
@REM     media database are both resident on the host where this script is run.