cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backint ERROR: need to specify (-p) ERROR: incorrect parameter options

Seth_E
Level 6

Hi all,

We have moved to Oracle 12 (with SAP) and i've had no problem backing up the systems until today. I've run into a strange issue.

If I run either of these commands 

brarchive -u / -c -d util_file -sd
brbackup -u / -c -d util_file_online -t online -m all

(which is what I run on 12 other systems without error) I receive an error:

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2017-04-24 16:38:03
BR0229I Calling backup utility with function 'backup'...
BR0278I Command output of 'backint -u GD1 -f backup -i d:\oracle\gd1\sapbackup\.
bevrhdyf.lst -t file_online -c':
ERROR: need to specify (-p)
ERROR: incorrect parameter options
backint: usage:
backint -u user_id -p param_file [-o output_file] [-i input_file]
-f backup|restore|inquire|delete [-t file | file_online]

BR0279E Return code from 'backint -u GD1 -f backup -i d:\oracle\gd1\sapbackup\.b
evrhdyf.lst -t file_online -c': 2

BR0232E 0 of 16 files saved by backup utility

BR0231E Backup utility call failed

Now, I can easily specify -p and point to the .sap file and the brarchive and brbackup commands works fine, but, never had to in the past. I would like to keep these systems as uniform as possible. 

brbackup on other systems would pass -p to backint without having to specify it in the script. Does anybody know where the d:\oracle\<sid>\12102\database\init<sid>.sap is speicifed (either in the .util file,or perhpas somehwere else) 

In other words, how does brtools know about the .sap file so that I don't have to specify it manually.

Thanks all

4 REPLIES 4

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think that  ORACLE_SID  and ORACLE_HOME environment variables must be set for the user who runs the script. Could you check it, please?

Yes, all looks good. My script which is a copy from other systems, sets all the variables and I ensured to match the SID with the proper one for this system. Thanks for the respond friend.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you confirm that NBU Client and Legacy client services are running as SAP admin/dba with local admin rights?

Hi Marianne!,

Yes, both the netbackup services are using the correct credentials.