cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup copy expiration date

virtualeverythi
Level 4

hello, how do I tell a particular backup copy's expiration date? In my case I'm looking for copy 3's expiration date. If there something in the GUI or commandline?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you need to use the bpimagelist -backupid <backupid> -L , it willl list all copies that are avalible for the image... just go through that list and you will find the expire dates for each and every copy of the image.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you need to use the bpimagelist -backupid <backupid> -L , it willl list all copies that are avalible for the image... just go through that list and you will find the expire dates for each and every copy of the image.

bills
Level 5

You can also do it in the gui - search the catalog for your image, specify the copy you want, and it will list it's expiration time.

Bill

virtualeverythi
Level 4

When I search the catalog I don't have expiration column and I don't see it when trying to add it. I'm on version 7.5.0.4 on Windows 2008 R2.

bills
Level 5

I don't have access right now, but it seems that one of the tabs - verify, expire, duplicate - shows the image expiration.  I may be able to check in the morning.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Easiest way is bpimage output. The lines showing FRAG show the copy number and the 'highest;' ctime on the line is the expiration date. Use bpdbm -ctime to convert. The 2 columns after the word frag are the 'copy number' and 'fragment number' - I can never remember which way round they are, but it's fairly obvious when you look at it. M

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

A quick way is to run the Images on Media report from the Admin Console

This shows Copy number and expiry date

You can save it out to a text file which imports straight into excel so that you can sort and clear out the rubbish to give you a clear list

Hope this helps