cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exit notify

Amit_Karia
Level 6
Hi All,

I need one help regarding notify scripts..we are backing up archives every three hours.. i need to customize backup exit notify in such a ways that
once ceritan set of policies(Archives) are finished mail should go to dba team on which archives have been backed up on each schedule..
please guide

Regards
Amit

4 REPLIES 4

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
You are going to have to tell us version and if you are running windows or unix.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
 You can use NetBackup Operation Manager to configure reports based on policies to trigger mail to corresponding team..

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/netbackup-operations-manager-monitoring-alerting-an...

Its Best for Reports/Triggers(Alerts) :)

Amit_Karia
Level 6
Hi ,

Thanks for suggestions

@Karthikeyan Sundaram

We already have NOM in our setup does it show which files have been backed up

@J.Hinchcliffe

We are Having HP-Unix

Thanks

James_Perry
Level 4
I have not used the bpend_notify script before but looking at it I would think it would be sort of simple to modify.

Is notes that it gets CLIENTNAME POLICYNAME SCHEDNAME SCHEDTYPE STATUS when is run so all it would need is some coding to look for the details matching your archive job.  When you find a match you could do:
1. Use bpimage to list the latest backups for that client and policy name.
2. Run bpflist with the bpimage details to get the list of files archived.
3. Use whatever mail processing you like best to email off the results.

Whatever you chose to write into here needs to be quick or spawns off a script to do the above steps since any jobs waiting on this client to complete processing will be waiting on this script to finish.