Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup failing - allocation failed (10)

Being_human
Level 4

Hi,

We have added new clients to our existing netbackup master server running 7.1

Crated policies , volume pools for daily backup.

Backup is running only on wed and Thursday . it's failing on other days with the below error

"  
allocation failed(10) "

Am I missing something , not able to figure out as the backup is running  on two days.

5 REPLIES 5

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You have possible run out of resources - maybe memory. In short its difficult to say based on the information provided.

Does the Windows event log say something useful ?

The two days where backup runs - is there a big diffrence in the number of backup jobs run ?

Being_human
Level 4

Backup schdule is 5 days a week ,starting mon till friday.

The backup is schduled on the same  time.The data  to be backed up and the resources remain same.

But the strange thing is , the backup runs on every wednesday and thursday in a week and not running on other days in the week. It's repeating for last 4 weeks.

Also this is happening only for the servers that are added newly all other servers are running fine.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Tell us about the newly added servers. Sounds like the problem is on those clients. Find out what else is running on them at the same time as the backups.

Being_human
Level 4

All servers are running on different application.

I have created five different policy for each day.

The execution of backup policy for wednesday and thursday is fine . Though I run it manually at any time.

But If I try to execute for other three days ,it fails all the time ( Even manual backup).

So I guess the problem with the polciy.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Why different policies?

Why not single policy with schedule for all weekdays?

Please show us policy config for a working and non-working policy:

bppllist <policy1-name> -U

bppllist <policy2-name> -U

(command is in ...\netbackup\bin\admincmd)