EV_Database

EV_DIR_DB

EV_MONITORING_DB

EV_AUDIT_DB

EV_FSAREPORTING_DB

EV_VAULT_STORE_DB=name1

EV_VAULT_STORE_DB=name1Journal

EV_FINGERPRINT_DB=Express Vault Store Group

All 4 backup policies were run after change the EV into backup mode manually from the EV console. Everything worked find but EV_Database partially successful. Due to that I executed databases in one by one then it failed EV_MONITORING_DB, EV_AUDIT_DB and EV_FSAREPORTING_DB. Others were successful.

So what kind of reasons for this failures ? I dont have much knowledge in EV and SQL database side which is running ( EV run under windows 2008 R2 cluster and MS SQL Server run in same OS in single node)

Also another problem that I have,  Are these application versions need to use bpstart_notify.bat to send EV into backup mode or is this NB client do it automatically ? 

Looking a solution for these issues .

Dhananjaya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will_Restore
Level 6

First off, it's going to be hard if you don't know EV and SQL so you have to find somebody who does.  We've had many problems with EV and I've had to learn along the way - NOT the recommended practice! 

Look at the bpkar logs on the SQL server for clues as to why some DBs failed.  Normally you'd look in other places like dbclient for SQL but EV is a different animal. 

Second, you shouldn't have to use bpstart and bpend to set/clear backupmode if everything is configured properly.  That is a big IF!!  Read the EV Admin Guide and relevant TECHNOTES until your eyes are blurry.  Then take a break and read them again until you get it perfect.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Will_Restore
Level 6

First off, it's going to be hard if you don't know EV and SQL so you have to find somebody who does.  We've had many problems with EV and I've had to learn along the way - NOT the recommended practice! 

Look at the bpkar logs on the SQL server for clues as to why some DBs failed.  Normally you'd look in other places like dbclient for SQL but EV is a different animal. 

Second, you shouldn't have to use bpstart and bpend to set/clear backupmode if everything is configured properly.  That is a big IF!!  Read the EV Admin Guide and relevant TECHNOTES until your eyes are blurry.  Then take a break and read them again until you get it perfect.

dhananjaya
Level 3

Hi Will

thanks for ur guide. I discussed with DBA and accourding to him I removed EV_AUDIT_DB and EV_FSAREPORTING_DB from the backup selection.

Monitoring database is avilable in the SQL server but it fire status 2 when backup it. When I check the bpresolvr log in EV it says 

20:27:31.349 [12232.8684] <8> Resolver_EnterpriseVault::updateDiscoveryStatus(): No entities found for directive: <EV_MONITORING_DB>

Is that mean is it not enabled from EV even though DB is created in SQL server ?

yes, ur are correct and I have tested and I dont need manual script to set backup mode.