cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup image size more than 12 tb

gurminder_singh
Level 5

Hello All,

I wants to know if we have any backup image in our environments which has size more than 12 TB. Can anyone suggest me with command or any other option with that we can gather above info .Below is the Master media server details.

Master server 7.6.1

Media server 7.6.1

Master Media OS windows server 2008 R2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

the given tech note is applicable only for VMware backups..

and each client has a single stream only.. no mulitstreaming in Vmware backups.

and backup image contains the client name also( first part of the image Client_XXXXXX). so if you get the image size with the bakup ID , you have the client name also..

i doubt the images on disk might also show the fragements.. i need to check that.. that is the reason i have asked you to check Clients backups report

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RamNagalla

Go to GUI netbackup admin console ---> Reports --> client reports

run the report with date range of oldest retenction to the current date for all clients.. it should show you the image list also the size of the image.. you can easly sort out and find it

alternatly in command line..

bpimagelist is the command.. but i am not good in scripting in Windows.. youi can play with bpimagelist command to get the required output

gurminder_singh
Level 5

Hi 

I open Reports>disk reports>images on disk and run the reports its showing output, however I have concern is this showing output with one image details or one stream details in one line.

I mean I have sorted with kiobytes so is this showing output on first line which is 524288000.Is this is the size of one steam of any server or size of one image which exist on my storage,

I have attached screenshot for your reference. if let me know if I am correct means maxmimum size of image which we have is 500 GB. 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I am curious about the reason for your question? What makes you think that there should be a 12TB image?

RamNagalla

images on disk  only show the disk images..

I would suggest you to go with Reports --> client Backups

in the output of client backups report each entiry is a seperate backup image from each backup job/stream. if you have mutistream enabled, you need to combine the all the streams of specific client that is triggred at same time to get the total size of the client image.

gurminder_singh
Level 5

Hi

We don't have tape library or standalone drive configured in our environment, so if I use above disk image formulla is that would be fine.

Becuase if we will go with client backup report on that it would be very hard to collate streams of one backup job because once we select the option all clients in client tab, it does not shows client name in details

Mariaane,

As per the   http://symantec.com/docs/TECH228584 if we have any backup image which has size more than 2 TB may create problem during the restore in Nebackup environment 7.6.0.x and 7.6.1. 

Sorry I have mentioend 12 TB in subject line. 

RamNagalla

the given tech note is applicable only for VMware backups..

and each client has a single stream only.. no mulitstreaming in Vmware backups.

and backup image contains the client name also( first part of the image Client_XXXXXX). so if you get the image size with the bakup ID , you have the client name also..

i doubt the images on disk might also show the fragements.. i need to check that.. that is the reason i have asked you to check Clients backups report

Marianne
Level 6

I agree with Ram. 

The TN starts as follows:

If a VMware VM (virtual machine) has a VMDK (virtual machine disk) file larger than 2 terabytes (2TB) that contains large file system extents...

So, if you don't have VM's that fits this criteria , then there is no reason for concern.

gurminder_singh
Level 5

Hello Ram/Marianne,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. 

Marianne
Level 6

Please rather mark Ram's post as solution.  

Thanks!