cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup images migration from EMC/TSM to NetBackup?

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

in the past, there was a third-party product (Butterfly) which was able to directly migrate backup images between different backup systems. For example, from IBM TSM to NetBackup and vice versa.

Later the vendor company was aquired by IBM and only migrations to TSM are supported today.

Does anybody know about another third-party product which would be able to perform this task? So to directly migrate backup images (backup sets etc.) from competitors systems to NetBackup?

I see I can always restore/rearchive data again manually, but it is not I am looking for.

Rgds

Michal

3 REPLIES 3

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Nope not heard of it t and I doubt Veritas would support it if anything went wrong.

The only thing we support being imported into NetBackup is BackupExec and that is from a specific version of BackupExec only.

Restore your 3rd party backed up files and then back them up with NetBackup.

Tanmoy1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Michal,

Yes you are correct. I came to know regarding Butterfly tool from a IBM TSM trainer for the backup migration. Then he smilingly told us that IBM has acquired that product and they give it for free to the customers who want to migrate from any other backup technology to TSM. :(

teiva-boy
Level 6
See if index engines has something for you