cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bp.conf in windows

MAKAM
Level 3
HI,

Not able to find bp.conf values in windows servers.I am trying to view & modify existing setting on this. Im not worked any windows mechines up to now.Plese guide me how  to check & change values.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config  contains all of the keys with almost the same names as bp.conf in Unix

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AlGon
Level 6
What setting are you trying to view\modify?

I'm not sure the bp.conf file exists on windows machines; I think this is a UNIX thing. I could be wrong so if I am then someone correct me. It might have done on an older version of NBU.

Mouse
This branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config  contains all of the keys with almost the same names as bp.conf in Unix

Gerald_W__Gitau
Level 6
Certified
There is no bp.conf in windows....you can use the host properties to modify settings or using the BAR on each client. If you will be more specific as AIGon asked then we will be more helpful.. 

MAKAM
Level 3
HI friends,

Backup failed with EC-41 &  i need to change timeout values on windows client. so , first i need to view that timeout values , I can see that values In NBU GUI  but also check (MASTER & MEDIA)server list on that client side on bp.conf file. I know in window we wont get bp.conf file

How can i over come this problem.

Mouse
 Run "Backup, Archive and Recovery GUI" and you will find client settings there (including timeout values)

Gerald_W__Gitau
Level 6
Certified
Or on Master server--->Host properties-->clients...double click the client you want to change the settings and under properties select timeouts

MAKAM
Level 3
HI,

My issue has been resloved . Thanks 2 u all.

Gerald_W__Gitau
Level 6
Certified
Please mark the post as solved.

Sriram
Level 6

Yes you will find it in in REGEDIT

You can even do this:

From master server execute this command:

bpgetconfig -M <windows server> > /tmp/bp.conf.<windows server>

Now go edit the file /tmp/bp.conf.<windows server> and save it

Now do this:

bpsetconfig -h <windows server> /tmp/bp.conf.<windows server>

This command will update the bp.conf in the windows server

I felt this way more convinient

Stumpr2
Level 6
I advise you do not make any changes but request the windows admin to make them for you.